Full-stack Meteor developer
Literary Universe - Full-stack developer opening
Job type: Contract
Working hours: Full-time (40h/week)
Experience level: All levels welcome
Compensation: Based on your level
- Develop new user-facing features or extend existing ones
- Contribute to open source projects used by Literary Universe
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure accessibility, internationalization and localization in all features
- Commitment to security, privacy and principles of free speech
Skills and experience
- Experience with Meteor framework or Node.js
- Experience with MongoDB
- Advanced English for communication and technical writing
- Be passionate about at least one of the following: creative writing, publishing, freedom of speech, empowering creators, reading, large story universes
- [Nice to have] Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- [Nice to have] Be an open source contributor
- [Nice to have] Experiences with Cordova or mobile development
- [Nice to have] Experience in creative writing or publishing
Benefits & Perks
- Paid time off - minimum of 30 days per year and no maximum number of days.
- $1,000 per year from our reimbursement policy. Use it on conferences, courses, productivity apps, books, headphones, chairs, ergonomics items, etc. If it helps you work better or more comfortably, it's included.
- Work from anywhere with complete schedule flexibility.
- Tickets for MongoDB World
About Literary Universe
Literary Universe is a creative writing and publishing platform covering all aspects of writing great stories, from conception, writing and publication to building community around story universes and selling stories. We are a rapidly developing startup with everyone wearing many hats until we will reach the full production stage and seed investment round.
You will be working with the company founders and other stakeholders to develop new features and improve existing ones. Literary Universe is build with Meteor.js and React, therefore proficiency with these two technologies is desired.
In addition to working on Literary Universe you are also expected to contribute to upstream FOSS projects when an issue with it appears or a new feature in it is needed.