At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
We are hiring entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our scaling engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support for less experienced developers. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Your work will focus on building web technologies, both frontend and backend. You’ll work on improving and extending our core web applications, diverse software integrations, payment-processing systems, and other exciting new features.
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- We are looking for strong full-stack engineers with 5+ years of experience
- We value engineers who have good product sense, attention to detail, and passion for the impact of the software they build.
- You have made key architectural decisions for large projects.
- You have mentored junior developers.
- You have worked on multiple engineering teams, both small and large.
THE TECH STACK YOU’LL USE
- Meteor / Semantic UI / MongoDB
- Microservice architecture / Docker / AWS
- Local copy of full production stack for development
- GitHub for version control and pull requests
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our sunny office is centrally located in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.